Bissel Rubber-bladed Sweeper from Lakeland – Product Review

Review by Michael Smith (Veshengro)

I must admit that I love the green power of human-powered devices such as this one.

Bissell® Rubber Bladed Sweeper
Electrostatic rubber bladed sweeper
112cm (44") high
Lakeland Ref 21240

I have read a somewhat negative customer review of this device on Lakeland's website but must say that my take on this sweeper is entirely different.

While it is true that a handle does tend to “fall apart” when each section if not connected home properly once that has been firmly done there is no further problem there.

The sweeper picks up well, on carpet as well as bare floor, and does not have a spillage problem, which also had been indicated by the same customer review.

However, one simply has to watch the window of the sweeper and, having used similar sweepers before, it is a well known factor that they need frequent emptying – unlike a vacuum cleaner with its large reservoir.

When it comes to picking up, in my opinion, this human-powered sweeper from Bissel is superior to many an ordinary vacuum cleaner, which tend to have problems with some stuffs, such as sewing fluff and pet hairs.

Usually, I must admit, I left it for a number of days before I would succumb and put the Hoover together to get the rugs and carpets swept for I tend to bring in a lot of “dust” from the outside what with living surrounded by woods and having livestock too and a garden.

So, the Bissel sweeper is something that lives in the downstairs area now and is in daily use, keeping carpets, rugs and floors somewhat clean.

In my opinion, a great green product. Green as far as it is not powered by electricity or any such but entirely by human energy and mechanics.

At the cost of just under £30 it is not expensive either and can be but recommended.

© 2009

<>