5 Budget Friendly Strategies to Creating an Urban Homestead

5 Budget Friendly Strategies To Creating an Urban Homestead of Your Dreams! | myhumblekitchen.comUrban homesteading is much more than just growing your own food, raising backyard chickens and goats, canning, and preserving – it’s a way of life. Everyone homesteads for different reasons. For some, it’s a fun hobby. For others, like myself, it’s a way to step away from our industrial food system, if even for a season, to connect with His creation that provides nourishing food for our families.

I was so excited by the response that I received from many of you of the tour of my urban homestead (on this blog and on instagram alike). I received great feedback and many good questions about how to start a rural or urban homestead. Many of you would love to start your own urban or rural homestead but the fear of devaluing your home, receiving negative feedback from neighbors, and limited funds have prevented you from starting.

I completely understand all of your concerns. Since starting my own urban homestead nearly 10 years ago, I’ve had many of the same questions myself. Were my efforts going to be criticized by my neighbors, would I devalue my home if I were to want to sell it in the future, and then the biggest question and issue has always been funding. How can I create something that has curb appeal with limited funds.

Today I’m going to share with you five budget friendly strategies to creating an urban (or rural) homestead of your dreams. Again, if you haven’t had a chance to look at my own homestead and what I’ve been able to create over the past decade, click on over to my urban homestead tour here.

Read more: http://www.myhumblekitchen.com/2014/06/5-budget-friendly-strategies-creating-urban-homestead/#sthash.R0hS5Af2.dpuf